Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Extravaganza! Day 1


I am happy to be participating in a fun new contest hosted by Three Peas in a Pod.
Tiffanie will post a new theme every day this week for us to blog about. HOW FUN! You should jump in and join:)
Today's theme is: Recipe Exchange
I am to post a favorite Fall recipe! Well, besides the traditional turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole and other yummy Thanksgiving foods, I don't really have a favorite. My sister Angela makes DELICIOUS pumpkin rolls every year at this time - but she has a mean boss at work so I can't call her up for a recipe:) LOL
What I DO have is an AWESOME Holiday cook book! It was a wedding gift from "ChiChi".
I chose a SIMPLE (I like simple) recipe that I am going to try in the near future.

Slow-Cooker Turkey and Dressing
prep: 10 minutes Cook: 7 hours

Ingredients
1 (8oz) package herb-seasoned stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farm is good!)
1 onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 (3 pound) frozen boneless turkey breast (thawed)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 (0.88 ounce) package turkey gravy mix (French's is good)


Coat inside of a 4 qt crock pot with cooking spray. Add stuffing mix, onion, celery and cranberries. Combine broth and melted butter. Pour over stuffing and stir gently.
Remove string from turkey breast. Place turkey in crock pot on top of stuffing. Combine salt, pepper and thyme; sprinkle over turkey. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour. Reduce to LOW and cook 5 to 6 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in turkey registers 170 degrees.
Remove turkey to a serving platter. Stir stuffing gently in crock pot, cover and let stand 3-4 minutes. Prepare gravy. Spoon stuffing around turkey on platter.
5-6 servings


YUM! I think this will be on my menu next week!

No comments: