Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sho Me the Money!

The holidays have rushed in on a jet plane. Was I in denial? Was I ignoring the calendar? I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving. If you look at my blog history in November, I am happy go lucky. This year I am stressed to the max. I don't have any money. I can't afford to buy anything for family outside of the walls of my house. So if you are family and reading this, well, you will receive a nice Christmas card in the mail :) I know Christmas is not about buying stuff, but as a parent you want to give your kids a joyous Christmas morning with some wonderful surprises under the tree. I am broke. I'm selling stuff on Craigslist for Christmas money AND we are going on vacation the 1st week in December. Sounds silly to go on vacay when we are hurtin, but its our timeshare so we are not dishing out $$ for the place. It's our week and all we have to do is show up. Now any fun activities outside our place cost $$. But if we are careful and smart, we can have a great week without spending a lot of money. I look forward to just being off work and away in a temporary home where kids won't be knocking on the door ten times a day. Where I won't feel guilty about the piles of laundry, sink full of dishes and toy cluttered floors. Of course, we can easily have the same scenario at the resort, but I won't care as much. And the bathtub is the size of a small pool. Ahhhhh!!! We will rent redbox movies, eat delicious meals and just be together. I plan on doing some Christmas shopping while I am there. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

That's all for now. Time to take a short nap before the graveyard shift. YAWN! Toodles noodles.


No comments: