Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Bittersweet Gatherings



It is so unfortunate that Weddings and Funerals are the 2 big occasions that will bring a family together. Jeanne's funeral service was absolutely beautiful. She had so many friends and family that loved her. Mike sang Billy Joel's 'Lullaby'. That was a favorite song of Jeanne's and she loved the way Mike would sing it. I am sure there was not a dry eye in the house. I know it was a struggle for Mike to sing that day, but he sure did a great job. Scott and I each spoke, as well as some other family members and friends. It was a celebration of life. Family and close friends gathered at the Webb house after the service for some good food and conversation. I took a few pictures.

We are still in a state of disbelief. I am sure it will get easier with time. We love you and miss you Jeanne/Mom/Nana!

No comments: