Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

Backsplash

Scott and I have been planning projects with our upcoming tax refund. We have been talking about putting up a backsplash in our kitchen for a couple of months. We want to do it ourselves to save $$ so we have money left for something more important like windows maybe. We have been shopping around for tile and what not. What scared us the most (besides the overall cost) was having to rent the tile cutter and USE it! The rest "looks" easy enough. We wanted a brick look. The other day I thought "WALLPAPER". Ok, so no one wallpapers a backsplash. But why not?? I looked around and found vinyl textured wallpapers that are washable. I think that's perfect for that little area! AND it's cheap!! It doesn't have to be permanent, we could always change it to real brick or tile later on if we wanted to. But for now I think it will look great! This is the wallpaper we picked out. (pictured above) It will be ready for pick up in a week or so. This is MY project, I plan to do it myself:) I have never wallpapered, but I assume it is like scrapbooking my walls. LOL!

1 comment:

Purple Patti said...

LOL Peg, it is a little bit harder then scrapbooking Peg. But you can do it. It is just awkward and messy. But it can be done. And I love the choice you made it looks like real brick. I like it and I think it will look good in your kitchen. Have fun with that. Let us know how it goes.