Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Sister's Keeper


What a good movie! I rented this movie on Monday and was able to watch it during the kids' nap time. Wow. Now I want to read the book. You know how in the movie you can put yourself in someone else's shoes and understand?? Well, I felt for and understood each character's side. Which was difficult! If you haven't seen the movie, maybe you shouldn't read my post. I felt for the little sister who was "designed" in a test tube just to help her older sister with Leukemia. The little sister was like a car sold for parts! She had gone through many procedures since child birth to donate different parts and products to her sister. When she reached age 11, she said enough is enough. (there is more to that, but I don't want to give it all away) How sad to have a sick sister, but you also want to be loved as an equal family member with your own body, mind and soul!
I felt for the mother. She was desperate enough to save her daughter to actually go through with having a medically designed baby to be a donor. She would have donated anything herself if she had been a match. She would have done ANYTHING to save her daughter! She was a fighter. So, it was easy to understand that desperation. However, I think she should have still shown her other kids love and attention too. But who am I to say what that situation would be like. I pray to God I will never know.
Last but not least, I understand the view from the dying sister/daughter. She had spent pretty much her entire life being sick and in and out of the hospital. She was done. It was her time and she hoped that her mom could just let go. I really do understand. I am not sure how much of a fighter I would be.
This was a touching movie! 2 thumbs up:)

1 comment:

Purple Patti said...

I HAVE READ THE BOOK, it is Fantastic!!! CRY OMG you will Cry on this book. I have not seen the movie yet. I want to rent it too, but just don't make the time for myself. One day I will. But you have to read the book now. You will love it too.