Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2009

♥MHR Friday♥



I missed last weeks MHR ... and maybe the week before too?? Ooops. I had a lot going on. This week's theme is:


Prompt/Theme for Friday, January 2, 2009

What are some practical things that you plan to do in the coming year to show your love and respect for your spouse? What are some habits/behaviors that you would like to foster in your life to improve your marriage?




If you read my resolutions earlier, you know that I have already given this some thought:) So this is a bit of a repeat - but maybe I can add a little bit more. I recently finished reading Fireproof and now plan to buy the Love Dare. I am really excited to get started with the Love Dare! The Love Dare will guide me to show my love and respect to my husband. Hopefully, I do a good job making him feel loved by me as it is, but hey - there is always room for improvement! Another resolution I listed was to commit to having a date night. An evening in which we make it a point to spend time together. Let me elaborate - Scott and I both work from home so we SEE each other every day, but that is not the same as spending quality time together! We need time together after the kids go to bed. We can watch a movie or play a game or just talk. Also - my friend Mandy and I want to exchange babysitting favors once a month or so to allow us to go OUT on a date! I am looking forward to that.

Last but not least, I hope to work on my temper. Did you know I have a temper?? Well, I do! This is a behavior of mine I would like to change. When I get irritated about something - I will try my best to communicate calmly with my husband, share my frustrations and try to work out a solution together. Hmmmm... I just know people who KNOW me are laughing right now!!

Words for me to live by:

choose your battles and COMPROMISE!



♥♥♥I LOVE my husband and look forward to having a fun loving romantic year! ♥♥♥




Click here to read about MHR Fridays and join us!!

3 comments:

GraceFromHim said...

Amen Sister!
We are all a work in progress.
A GREAT book that changed my life in my marriage was
Created To Be His help meet

Blessings my friend, and may we grow in grace together!

Brandie

katylinvw said...

great resolutions!!! :) hope you have a fantastic 2009!

Anonymous said...

Twilight is a really good book. if you read the series i bought the third one an d i will send it to you!!! Love you