Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Fabulous Rainy Day!

We had a lot of fun today even though it was rainy, cold and gloomy outside. After the tea party, we played cowboys and cowgirls! (no indians or robbers) Luckily, I had a cool hat for both Brandon and Faith. That is because I am a big country loving redneck woman! What? You didn't know?


Get along now, lil dogie! YEEEEE HAW!


Giddy up!



Hey lil darlins, I am Toby Keith!





Later on in the evening, we went to Denny's for dinner. It was still pretty yucky outside, but this was our plan and we stuck to it. I bundled up the kids and kept them dry and warm.



Dinner was awesome! Of course I saved up as many WW points as I could in anticipation. I had scrambled eggs, grilled veggies and steak strips. Dinner was great for me because we were sitting a long booth in the corner and Faith decided to leave my side and go sit by Daddy. Well, Brandon was already by Daddy. All of the kids were on the end by Daddy and I was at the other end ... alone. YAY! So, dinner was awesome:) (hey, mommy needs a break sometimes)
Denny's is a favorite of ours because kids eat FREE every night!
After dinner, we decided to go to Toys R Us to play with the toys. (it is across from Denny's)
Anyone else go to just play and not buy? We let Brandon and Faith run around instead of keeping them in a cart. They loved it! I can imagine how exciting it must be for them. To run around in a HUGE colorful store filled with toys, games, cars, bikes, wagons...
Of course, Scott and I followed closely behind them. Zach had a great time too. He has a new found love for POGO sticks! He is going to save up for his own pogo stick.
Brandon pushed one of those "popper" toys around and laughed hysterically! Faith showed us, once again, that she is a girly girl even without my influence. She LOVED the aisle with all the doll babies. She kept pulling different dolls off their shelves. And MOMMY was excited to see they have stuffed SMURFS! I kinda want one, but that would be silly. Sigh



I said I wanted the BMW!




I like the pink Cadillac myself....
Do people really pay $500 - $700 for these cars? You have got to be kidding me!! Craig's List baby!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a happy day for him when he gave us our new lives, through the truth of his Word, and we became, as it were, the first children in his new family. JAMES 1:18 LB

Courtney said...

The cowboy hats are so cute! (I love Toby Keith too, btw). I'm with you, I would NEVER pay that much for a kid car, I don't pay anywhere near that much for anything for me either! lol (well, except for the computer I guess, but that's different). Glad you had a fun rainy day!

GraceFromHim said...

Oh goodness.......too cute! Look at those Blue eyes....takes after him momma :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun day! It was raining here too! I love Denny's But my dh won't set foot in the place. He got sick one time and will never go back!

Karen said...

sounds like a fantastic outing!! What a great idea, going to Toys R Us and just playing. You must've LOVED dinner, no one reaching for you and grabbing food off your plate... (sigh). Great pics!!

jennbecc said...

I guess we should try Denny's since kids eat free everyday. But we really don't order them meals anyway....they just eat off our plates...if we're lucky...or they've eaten before we go out usually.