Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

32 Days Sober

Life is good. I feel good. I am happy. Scott has always loved me, but he seems to "like" me more now. I can tell. He bought me the dove bead pictured above to celebrate my being sober for one month! He is so sweet and supportive. I would never want to disappoint Scott or Zach, so I will never go back.




My kids are just so much fun, they make me smile every day. They are all I need! I don't need an altered mind, I need a free and clear mind. I want to hold onto these days.






I have been doing more fun activities with the kids. I have been digging deep into my bible study. Attending church, attending Celebrate Recovery meetings. Zach has been participating in a lot of the youth group activities. I have been so busy, there has not been a lot of time to miss the drinking. So far any way. I have certainly looked at the stacks of different brands of beer in the stores - and envied the people with a case in their cart. I have thought about the taste and even thought about having a non-alcoholic beer. BUT maybe it is not a good idea to do that. I am still thinking about it. If I decide to go for a NA beer, I will save it for an outing like on vacation or at a concert. But again, I am on the fence about it.


All in all, I can't believe I made it this first month without too much anguish.


Thank you for letting me share :)










4 comments:

Not So Simply Single said...

Rock on with your bad self! You go girl!

32 days and counting.

I am here if you need me!

Lisa
xoxo

Lisa said...

Very proud of you.

VetTechian said...

Congrats on your one month!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment :):):):):) I found your blog looking for "sober" pictures on google - the picture of your dove came up and I just had to tell you that it is beautiful and your husband is a sweetheart for getting it for you! Today is my 18 month sobriety date and if there's anything I can tell you, it's that YOU CAN DO THIS :) you can stay sober, and God will reward you every single step of the way!!! Keep it up!

VetTechian said...

Congrats on your one month!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment :):):):):) I found your blog looking for "sober" pictures on google - the picture of your dove came up and I just had to tell you that it is beautiful and your husband is a sweetheart for getting it for you! Today is my 18 month sobriety date and if there's anything I can tell you, it's that YOU CAN DO THIS :) you can stay sober, and God will reward you every single step of the way!!! Keep it up!