Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Prayer for my Loving Mother-in-law


Heavenly Father,

You know Jeanne so much better than I do. You know her sickness and the burden she carries. You also know her heart. Lord, I ask you to be with Jeanne now, working in her life. Let your will be done in Jeanne's life. If there is a sin that needs to be confessed and forgiven, Lord, please forgive her. Lord, I pray for my dear Mother-in-law because your Word says I should pray for her healing. I believe you hear this earnest prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of your promise. I have faith in you to heal Jeanne, but I also trust in the plan you have for her life. Lord, I don't always understand your ways, and why Jeanne has to suffer, but I trust you. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward my Mother-in-law. Nourish her spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort her with your presence. Let Jeanne know you are there with her through this difficulty. And may you be glorified in her life and also in mine.

Amen

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful prayer! So heartfelt and God honoring.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...

Angel said...

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I read Annie's post on Facebook. Our prayers are with you and Scott and your family. Much love, Lisa and Annette