Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Shape-Ups

I got them! The new Skechers Shape-Ups! Oh how I wanted these shoes when I started to see the commercials. Scott thought they were ridiculous, just another advertising gimmick. Oh - not to mention outrageously expensive! True, they are expensive. I waited for months. It's getting nice out, time to go outside again! I happen to get a coupon for Kohls emailed to me and I used it. So I did get the shoes at $30 less than the Skechers cost. That's not so bad!

I took my new shoes for a spin today. Wore them pretty much ALL day! I put them on as soon as they arrived (around 1) and took them off after 7 pm before I sat down to dinner. They are super comfy! Now I don't really feel like I worked out in a gym, but I did feel like I had a good walking work out. I feel tall and straight. I definitely need the good posture benefits! (I need ALL the benefits they advertise) I am sure I could get a good work out if I could go power walking without the kids. Maybe over the weekend!


So, we went walking today in the other direction from which we always go. Just when I thought I couldn't love my neighborhood any more, I see this!

There was a third cute little playground over here, but the kids just wanted to look at the pond.


How beautiful. I love this path! I wonder how many miles it actually is?


Walking back home... Zach trying to give me a heart attack.



We actually did have a close call on our walk. There is a part of this path that has a very steep hill on the one side..leading down to large rocks and water. Brandon wanted to pull the wagon and Faith wanted to ride. Harmless enough I thought. I was walking behind the wagon. (dumb)
Brandon decided he didn't want to pull the wagon any more so he just drops the handle. The wagon turned and started to roll down the steep grass hill! Faith was holding on saying "WOAHHH" I ran up and grabbed the back of that wagon just in time! SHEESH! Another 5 gray hairs came in.


No more training do you require. Already know you, that which you need.

No comments: