Search This Blog

Saturday, December 6, 2008

An Update

HELP!! I did not expect this!! 3 days ago, Faith discovered she can climb up on the couch by herself. Ok, I did expect that. Only she likes to stand on the couch and run back and forth - we have to catch her and save her from many "almost" falls! This makes me NERVOUS! But that was just the beginning... On the same day she decided that she can push the radio flyer rocket up to the tv, balance just right on this thing on wheels and push the buttons on the tv. She has fallen again and again, but never gives up! Great. She also climbs up into the rocking chair, STANDS and rocks! Dangerously close to falling off either side. But wait, there is more......





I turned around for just a minute I tell you, to put away diapers and wipes or something... I turn back around to find Faith sitting on top of the kitchen table!!! ARGH! This of course happens again and again and again. By the end of the day, Brandon caught right up with his sister and can now do all the same things! GREAT! I ended up running back and forth rescuing one from the couch then one from the table... it became a game. I ended up taking the chairs away into another room... so now we don't have chairs to sit o n in the kitchen. I can't do anything about the couch, but I think I will keep a comforter and pillows on the floor for padding. I declared that day the "hardest" day yet!



Brandon LOVES the tree. He takes ornaments off and puts them back on different branches. (kinda) He rearranges the lights, pulls off the beads. I will have to fix the tree before our family arrives later this month:) Faith says Christmas Tree! Only it sounds like "issmiss tee"

Faith can say other things too... of course in her own version. But I understand what she is saying. Yesterday she said Sesame Street! She loves Sesame Street. It sounded like "ses seet"
When "Yo Gabba Gabba" comes on, Faith yells Gabba Gabba! or something like that! Oh... both Brandon and Faith say Sponge Bob Square Pants! It sounds like "Bob Bob Bob Bob"
So, by now you must think we are watching too much tv! LOL
Faith is starting to talk a lot more than Brandon. I am a little worried.
They both understand us, which is GREAT! If I say it is nap time or bed time, they both go to the baby gate and wait for me to take it down. (giving them access to the stairs) If I say "Let's go to your play room!" they both run to the door to the basement and try to open it. If we say it's time to eat, they go to their high chairs and wait. Sometimes, when I say it's time to change your diaper, Faith will go to the rug in the family room, lie on her back and hold her legs up. LOL!!! Zach used to do the same thing!! Brandon hates to hold still for a diaper change so he usually runs in the opposite direction.
Brandon and Faith play together as a team more and more. They make each other laugh so much! They copy each other ALL the time!
Yesterday, we went Christmas shopping with Nana at the mall. Brandon and Faith took turns being crabby. Faith screamed and cried in one store.. making it impossible for me to look at clothes racks! Brandon screamed in the next store. Brandon screamed in the restaurant when we had lunch. It wasn't the best shopping trip for me! Brandon finally fell asleep in the stroller. I realized Faith needed a diaper change so I took her to a bathroom while Nana watched Brandon. I had to go to the bathroom too!!! I was hoping the stall would have that awesome little seat to put your toddler while you go... but of course not. I only saw those cool seats when I didn't HAVE toddlers!! Faith stood patiently in the stall with me... telling me alllll about something. She was so good! Thank goodness she let me go to the bathroom. Out of a 5 hour trip, I only picked up a few things. :(
One GREAT thing from our trip - Nana bought Brandon and Faith Christmas outfits!! They are so cute! She bought them casual outfits since we are not going any where "formal" for the Holidays. Oh, but they are so cute! I will be taking pictures soon to make my Christmas cards.
I am rambling. Have a great weekend!!


4 comments:

Purple Patti said...

You have nothing to worry about with them not talking yet, they are developing right on track as they are supposed to. Trust me, I would know if there were a concern even if I don't see them all the time. I have been around it for 25 years now. YOU and THEY are doing FANTASTIC. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! Don't worry. Can't wait to see you for Christmas.

Karen said...

LOL!!!!! I know exactly what you mean about turning around for a MINUTE!!! That's when it all happens. Your kids are adorable! Twins are so much fun, even if some days are really tough. :D

Anonymous said...

Did Faith tell you that you were such a big girl for using the potty ? :-)

Angel said...

I can't imagine...wow.