Search This Blog

Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Husband Rocks ~ How We Met

I am late posting my MHR post. This week is the first week MHR participants are trying something new! We are posting using "prompts" or "inspirations" to write about. This week's prompt is "How did you meet?"

Scott and I worked at the same company for a few years before we actually spoke to each other! We worked in different departments. The funny thing is, Scott would occasionally walk over to my department to talk to one of his friends, and I would lean over to Sarah and say "who is that? Is he new?" She would always tell me "that is Scott Webb!" (this happened a lot) Due to lay offs, our company became smaller and smaller. Eventually, we were consolidated down to one department. so now Scott and I worked in the same group! Scott started talking to me a little bit. One day, he complimented my hair. He noticed it was different. He was the only one who noticed and said anything. The small talk continued...

A friend of mine and I went to Uno's after work one day. We decided to call our department and ask if others wanted to join us. I made the call. Scott answered. We flirted a bit over the phone. Scott showed up on crutches! He had recently had knee surgery. We started talking about kids. I was a single Mother of Zach and to hear Scott talk about how he likes kids and how he thought it was cool that I had a son, made a lasting impression on me!

So, I invited Scott to join me at a family gathering at my parent's house during Thanksgiving weekend. Strange, I know. We skipped a few steps there!! Went straight to meeting the parents. LOL We had a great time! Scott quickly learned that I do not have the "stereo typical" family that he had to be nervous around or put up a "false" front. At the time, my parents lived in the BOONIES in a beautiful A frame house in WV. So, we ended up staying the night and sleeping on the floor in front of a fire burning in the fireplace. (this was VERY innocent, folks! Don't get any ideas!) We talked and Scott kissed me for the 1st time:) So that was our first kiss.
Scott took Zach and I home the next morning and he went on home. I thought about him the rest of the weekend. On Monday I ended up calling in sick at work. Scott is off on Mondays, but he had heard from a mutual friend that I didn't come to work. He called to check on me! My heart skipped a beat when he called:) I was like an excited teenager with a crush. Scott came over to my apartment the following weekend for dinner - he and Zach got along really well. Zach was 2 at the time.
Scott and I spent every weekend together from then on! 2 years later we moved into our first home together. 2-3 years after that we were married. And of course, one month after we were married I became pregnant with the twins. Now here we are in our 2nd home with 3 kids:) This is the BEST TIME of my entire life! Every time I think it can't get any better than this, it does!!!
Of course, Scott and I have our ups and downs like everyone else. That is NORMAL. But I still have that deep warm and fuzzy feeling of being head over heals in love with this man! Sometimes out of the blue, I just have to hug and squeeze him and smother him with kisses! I will ALWAYS LOVE YOU HONEY!

Click here to read about MHR Fridays and join us!!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

What a neat story Peggy, I loved reading how you & Scott met. It's so sweet :). And how neat for your kids to have that story in writing too.

Angel said...

I haven't done this feature in a while. Prompts, huh? That's cool, but I doubt I would have told the world how Kevin and I met. :) It's not as cool a story as yours.