Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Family Favorites Edition!



Orgjunkie.com is doing something a little different this week! A "Family Favorites Edition" of Menu Plan Monday. We have to post at least one recipe or link to a recipe of a family favorite. How fun! My family is so EASY to please. So, our family favorites are no big deal to whip up!


MONDAY: Shake & Bake Pork Chops and a side of LOTS of veggies! - I was going to make pork chops with mushroom gravy (Angel's hubby taught me) but I have been CRAVING shake & bake. LOVE that stuff! Pork chops are one of MY favorite's!


TUESDAY: Baked Ziti *Scott's favorite! Recipe below...


WEDNESDAY: FFY - Zach's favorite! LOL


THURSDAY: Taco Meat Pies *Family Favorite - Thanks Kristin! Simple recipe below


FRIDAY: Chicken Nuggets and Tator Tots * Brandon and Faith's favorite!


SATURDAY: Chicken & Dressing - *Family favorite! Recipe below


SUNDAY: FFY


Well, it would have been easier to have links to our favorite recipes, but our versions seem to be different than all the versions I find online!


BAKED ZITI - Mom's recipe.

1 lb ziti or rigatoni noddles (we use rigatoni cause they are nice and FAT!)

1 large or 2 medium jars of sauce

2 lbs ricotta cheese

1 16 oz bag of shredded mozzarella

1 8 oz bag shredded mozzarella

(you can add 1 lb ground beef if you are a big meat eater)


Cook noodles according to pkg directions. (drain) Preheat oven to 375. Add next 3 ingredients to noodles. Mix. Transfer mixture to baking pan. Evenly distribute mixture in pan. Sprinkle 8 oz bag of cheese on top. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.


TACO MEAT PIES - My sweet friend Kristin made these for our family while I was SUPER prego and could not be on my feet to cook. We have been HOOKED ever since! I don't have an official recipe - so here it goes.


1 lb ground beef

crescent rolls

taco sauce (I like mild)

shredded cheddar cheese (or sliced american cheese works too!)


Brown beef and drain. Add enough taco sauce to make a wet sloppy joe like mixture. Open your crescent rolls on a baking sheet. Spoon meat onto each square, top with cheese and close up the crescent roll on top to make a miniature "pie". Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until pastry is nice and golden. SO GOOD!!


CHICKEN & DRESSING - Ok, everything has a story. Angel taught me this recipe YEARS ago when I was in my early twenties and learning how to cook! I think she calls it "chicken casserole". When I met Scott, I found out that his mom made a similar recipe and called it chicken & dressing. He told me it was his favorite, so of course I made it a lot. Scott's mom's recipe was a little different from Angel's, so I have since combined the 2 and made it my own.


Chicken breasts (1-2 lbs? 4 breasts)

1 box Stove Top stuffing (or you can make your own)

1 can mushroom soup

1 cup sour cream

2/3 cup milk


Boil chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces and place in a baking dish. Make Stove Top stuffing in the microwave. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken. Top with stuffing. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. This is SO easy for me, yet my family rants & raves as if I had been slaving in the kitchen all day! LOVE it:)


2 comments:

Angel said...

I didn't see the family favorites idea when I was planning my menu so I didn't follow that, but I posted mine right after you on the orgjunkie site! Funny!
We haven't had the chicken casserole in a while. I should make it!

Courtney said...

Oh YUMMY! I definitely want to try the taco meat pies and the chicken & dressing casserole. Someone else I came across today had a similar one to the taco meat pie too.