Search This Blog

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tree House and Ice cream

We had a great evening Friday night! We picked up Scott from the train station and headed on to McDonalds for dinner. (I should NOT have posted about my diet previously, because I totally cheated!!) The McDonalds had a play area that was designed like a big tree house. Brandon and Faith each took a turn going up in the tree house and through the tubes to get down the slide. Zach, of course, helped them:) It was the CUTEST thing!! The "tree" had windows as you went up the stairs - and Brandon and Faith would each stop at the window to look at Scott and I, and they each had the BIGGEST smile on their face!! Wouldn't you know, I did not bring my camera. I keep telling myself I just HAVE to carry my camera in my purse at ALL TIMES! Add insect repellent - that comes later. After some play, we ate some McDees and then played some more. I had a few nuggets, diet coke and apple slices. Not so so bad!
As we left McDees - we drove by a real ice cream stand. Zach had just received his allowance - (3 weeks worth) and offered to buy us all ice cream! So, to the stand we went! Ice cream sounded so so so good, and the ambiance of it all - an ice cream stand, warm summer night, family - all of this persuaded me to have a cone. We put the babies in their stroller, bought some ice cream and sat at a picnic table. FUN! Brandon and Faith shared a banana split with Daddy. Zach had a "cup of dirt" - chocolate ice cream with hot fudge, oreo cookies and gummy worms. I had a small chocolate and vanilla twist cone. We met a mom there of 2 year old boy/girl twins. How cool! We talked for a bit. She told me it is so much harder when the kids can run around. GREAT:)

Thank you for dinner Daddy! And thank you, Zach, for desert!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm drooling thinking of the ice cream treats you all had tonight. Did you go to Kline's by chance? I don't think I have ever asked where you work. I just wonder what has such odd hours-- maybe a nurse? ;)

Angel said...

Mmmm.... ice cream. Yummm. You really should carry that camera with you!