Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2007

Friends & Family Friday

My Dad

I am a Daddy's girl!! I always have been. I talk to my Dad several times a week just to tell him every detail of what has happened since the last time we talked:) As you may or may not be able to see in this picture, he has his hair pulled back in a pony tail. He is a bit of a "hippy" which makes him even more fun. He grew his hair out after serving in the Air Force for 20 years. He is 6 ft tall, or maybe even a little bit taller than that and he is pretty handsome. But sorry ladies, he is married. LOL My Dad has a witty personality, so if you think I am witty, thats where I got it. He lives in WV about an hour and a half from here so we do visit each other on occasion. He is also an excellent Granddad to my kids and to the other 6 grandkids he has. When we visit, he and Zach like to go for walks in the woods to look for snakes and other gross critters boys like. Faith has taken a likin to Granddad too. The last time we were there she cried unless he was holding her and then she was all smiles, talking to him and feeling his stubble. He also cooks for us when we come, Dad is a good cook. (although Mom is a really good cook too, making everyone's favorite italian dishes! But I have to try and stick to 1 person on this post LOL) In fact, Dad is working on baking us all Chrismas cookies this week. One of the greatest things that I am SO proud of is he has recently (the past couple of years) started attending Church. This is HUGE! He likes his Church and he likes his pastor. I feel so good about this. So that is my dad in a nut shell! (a big nut shell) Which reminds me of a quote I found -

Families are like Fudge - Mostly sweet with a few nuts.

I Love you Daddy!


2 comments:

Jill said...

What a great writing about your Dad. Its so cool that you have such a nice relationship! And 'Yay' to your Dad on going to a church he likes! It makes a big difference in ones life. :)
p.s. love the picture!

Joanna said...

How sweet! I'm a huge daddy's girl too - I call him about every other day and bother him - LOL. He is the first person I call no matter what the question is. And that's so great that he is going to church! What a nice post about your dad :).