Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Things Don't Always Go As Planned

Well, our Anniversary did not turn out as expected. Maybe I set myself up for failure by having such high hopes. It was an "off" day for both of us. Things happened beyond our control and maybe some things were within our control, but it was to late by then:) I did not get ANY sleep from working the night shift the night before. I was up for 24 hrs by the end of our day. So, needless to say, my mood was kind of sour. Scott had a foot ball function that was previously scheduled by other people on our Anniversary. Just bad timing. The function was held at our house. Angel and I planned on taking the kids out for the day, but not until I had a nap. The nap didn't happen. Our day out was crazy. By the time we returned, when the FB function was over, I was even grumpier. Scott was grumpy too, it was a bad combo. We went out and I discovered I forgot his gift. I was really sad about that. Dinner was delicious and the movie was funny. Wasn't a total loss! Once we came home I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.
The next day was really nice. Angel and I went to the spa and had facials and manicures/pedicures. It was so luxurious! When we came home, Scott and I exchanged gifts. His gift to me was so beautiful and sentimental. It was a beautiful "1st Anniversary" poem in a glass dome with roses. I will post pictures soon!

No comments: