Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gross but Brilliant!

I HATE fruit flies!! I don't like house flies either. Flies are dirty and don't belong in the house. Since we bought Logan, our little beardie, we have been buying crickets. Crickets eat fruit so we have been feeding them apple slices. And the fruit flies come from NO WHERE! I try and give them fresh fruit and discard the old, but I still see a few flies. I looked it up online and found this great solution. Put some apple cider vinegar in a glass or bowl and add some dish detergent. Place a piece of saran wrap on top secured with a rubber band, and poke holes in it. The fruit flies are attracted to the vinegar but pulled to the bottom by the heavy dish detergent. It's cruel if you are a fly lover. Look at all the flies in my trap! Pretty gross, but I am happy they are there and not flying around.

No comments: