Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

My Husband Rocks Friday



Prompt/Theme for Friday, February 27, 2009

Free Form! No prompt this week! Share anything you'd like the world to know about your rocking awesome hubby! :)




What a good opportunity to share my experiences so far with doing the Love Dare. I started to Love Dare on Monday, Feb 16th. It was pretty hard at first. It was hard because it is one sided - my husband is not doing it. It has been hard to bite my tongue and refrain from saying anything negative or allowing myself to show anger and complain. I slipped up a few times. This book makes a lot of sense and is good for any couple! It teaches you to practice unconditional love and it is good for marriages that are hanging from a thread or healthy and strong! I think we have a wonderful marriage but I wanted to do this 40 day challenge to make our marriage even better.


So, with all that said, I am now on day 12 and things are going good. Positive things have come out of this challenge already! We have decided to "clean as we go" in the kitchen - due to a conversation we had that was started by the Love Dare. So now, Scott, myself and Zach all wash whatever dish and utensil we use right after using it and put it away. In the past, we would throw it in the sink to be done later. The result: a clean kitchen every day going on a week now!!


Next great thing .. a few days ago I cleaned out our truck (what a job that was) and cleaned up and swept the garage. This was all prompted from the Love Dare. But as a result - Scott was pleased and wanted to do something for me in return. He surprised me that day by putting up curtains we had bought for our bedroom! I was planning on doing that this weekend.. and now I don't have to:) They look great!


In addition to all of that, things have been pretty sweet between us. Lots of Love in this house! But I think that is kind of normal for us:)


If you want to read more about the Love Dare and my experiences along with other ladies, click here.




Click here to read about MHR Fridays and join us!!


4 comments:

Reborn said...

Hmmm... I think I'll have to check out the Love Dare! Thanks for sharing your experiences so far! :)

Tara said...

Love Dare! love the movie Fireproof and have the Love Dare book...it's time to open it up and get to work. I love reading all these experiences people are having w/ the dare...quite amazing! ♥

Reborn said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! It's good to know someone else can relate to my situation... :)

Sarah Bee said...

AWESOME!!! I really want to do the Love Dare...I think that might be next after I finish the book I'm reading now, "Making Marriage Work" by Joyce Meyer...I'm learning SO much about me...and God is just changing my heart to better melt with my husband's it's so great...we love each other SO much, and I'm just so excited for our marriage to get even better!

I'm so happy that this love dare is impacting your family so much! Keep up the good work! =]