Search This Blog

Friday, December 12, 2008

My Husband Rocks ~ Our First Christmas Together






Prompt/Theme for Friday, December 12, 2008

Tell us about the first Christmas you spent together, dating, engaged, or married. Or share your favorite Christmas memory with your spouse.


Oh wow! What a fun prompt. I will try not to make this a super long post:)

As I mentioned last week, we started dating the weekend after Thanksgiving. So, by our 1st Christmas together, we had only been dating for 1 month. That didn't stop Scott from making it a very special Christmas! I was living in a 2 bedroom apartment with Zach and I was so broke. I only had enough money to pay my bills and buy groceries - and well, not even that really. At Christmas time, a bill or 2 wouldn't get paid on time so that I could buy gifts for Zach. With that being said, I didn't really have the $$ to buy my new boyfriend anything for Christmas:( I wanted to impress him. I didn't really know what to buy for him, but I had to have something for him. I bet he still does not know this - but I borrowed money from a friend to buy him a couple of sweaters. I had my apartment all decorated and had Scott over for dinner on Christmas Eve. He brought Zach a giant Shrek pillow. He gave me a beautiful ruby necklace and a gift certificate for a day of pampering at a local spa! He spoiled us. We had a wonderful evening together. It was so nice.

I just want to add a bit about our 2nd Christmas together too:) Scott had Zach and I over at HIS place. He borrowed an artificial tree from his mom and she helped him to buy some ornaments. As a bachelor, he wouldn't normally put up a tree but he didn't want us to spend Christmas without a tree:) He put up the tree and decorated it before we got there. That was such a special Christmas surprise!


Click here to read about MHR Fridays and join us!!

3 comments:

Angel said...

I can't even remember our first Christmas. :-)

Tara said...

Ahhh...so sweet! what an awesome guy! ♥♥♥

Peggy...i'm doing a hair bow giveaway on my blog....you need to win a set for you cute little girl!! She would look soooo cute!! i have them for my girl!

http://cherishyourstories.blogspot.com/2008/12/little-girls-holiday-hair-bows-giveaway.html

jennbecc said...

Sweet story. Thanks for sharing! :)