Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Teething!

Help! I do not remember Zach going through this. Perhaps I have blocked it out? Brandon is teething now. I can see and feel that his bottom left tooth is just below the gum surface. Brandon, for those of you who do not know, is our laid back baby. Rarely cries. Well, he has been crying for days! Day and night. Real tears. It is breaking our hearts! He is drooling A LOT and chewing on everything, including his sister. We are giving him tylenol and teething gel. And of course some special attention. He wants to be held and cuddled during this time. He is not sleeping much and neither is Daddy:) How long does it take for the tooth to cut through? Will he be like this for every tooth or does it get better? I do look forward to seeing that cute little toofer!

4 comments:

jennbecc said...

I'm tellin you! TEETHING BITES! Jake got his first tooth right when he turned 5 months and it's pretty much been constant torture for the both of them ever since. Jake is up to 8 teeth now and Zack has 5 or 6 I think. Ugh.....
We tried the teething tablets but they didn't seem to help. Tylenol at bedtime with a swipe of nummy-gummy is our routine. Gooooood Luuuuck!

Joanna said...

I feel for you. I hate teething! Brody has 8 and Kat has 4. I'm dreading the next set coming in. What works best for us is to alternate Motrin and Tylenol. Motrin works so much better than Tylenol but they can only have it every 6-8 hours. So I start with the Motrin, and if they wake up crying at night Tylenol comes next. Then 8 hours later they get Motrin again. Hang in there - the tooth will break thru and he will be back to his laid back self :).

Dawn said...

ohhh I feel for you. I think we are going through the same thing right now, but I can't tell if there is a tooth poking through. Austin is chewing on everything, drooling and miserable. On top of that he is sick, maybe from teething? I just don't know. I hope it gets better for you! Thanks for your comments :)

Jill said...

Ugh! Teething is tough. Nicholas is also our laid back boy and he would just stop playing, drop his head and big alligator tears would fall. It didnt last too long before he had his first tooth (at 10.5 mos). I think infant's motrin worked well for mine.