Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

What do I do With My Time?

I just spent a good bit of time reading my cousin's blog. She has a very moving and emotional story to tell, and altho some parts are sad, I just couldn't stop reading, as if I were reading a good book. (probably because she is a writer:)) I wasn't sure if my cousin wanted me to link back to her blog or give her a shout out to share her story or not, so I am leaving that information out. My sister Patti also had a good story to tell. She had a rough year but turned to God and God has answered their prayers.
I love blogging and reading other blogs when I have the time. Blogging is so therapeutic! I used to blog DAILY and now I just don't. I am trying to think of what has changed? Can't say its the twins, because I started my blog just after they were born. I think it's just ME and how I change my priorities in life constantly. Or it could be Facebook.. I know I am not alone in neglecting my blog when FB became popular. Also it could be that my laptop DIED last summer. I can only blog on my work pc (and I honestly don't like using my work PC for anything personal) or our home desktop pc. Well lets face it, I rarely get to use our desktop pc. One because it is in our room where hubby works M-F until 9 pm. And two because when he is not working, he is using the pc to play World of Warcraft. (grrr) But thats mostly at night - he spends time with the family. Not as bad as other WOW addicts!
I am trying to think of my daily routine. My days go by super fast because of my shift!!!
8:30 am - get off work. Turn Logan's lights on and say good morning. (bearded dragon) If its Wed I take out the trash. Grab a banana or something with low ww points and head upstairs to bed. Every day I find 3 giggling lumps in my bed. Pull down the blanket to find Daddy with the twins trying to "hide" from mommy. This never gets old:)
Family finally leaves room around 9:30 and I sleep til noon.
Noon: Wake up and go downstairs to my lil ones. We have lunch. They play and I watch tv until my lunch settles, then I "try" to workout to a dvd for about 30 minutes. I ask the twins to play in their playroom in the basement so I can take a shower down there. Then we run errands or play until 3:30 when Zach gets home.
3:30-4:30 - Zach does his homework and I straighten up or something. What do I do? Maybe this can be my blog time. Or my God time - I am also trying to fit a Bible Study in here some where. So far I do this at night. (while I am working, sssshhhhh)
If it is nice out, we usually go outside at 4:30 until close to dinner time. Then I come in to make dinner, we eat close to 7 and we all watch tv and/or play until 8:30 when the twins and I go upstairs to get ready for bed. I go to sleep around 9 pm and get up at 12:20 am to start all over.
There are a few blogging spots in that routine. Also, I can blog from my phone and I have done so a few times:) It is just not as easy as using a real keyboard at a computer.
My weekend is: a smaller nap sat morning, then too tired to do anything the rest of the day!
Sun morning Church than too tired to do anything else, and Mon morning I scramble to do laundry, housework, WW meeting and everything I didn't do all weekend:)
And now my weekend begins again... Enjoy the weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Marleen said...

Wow!!! You are very busy and still had time to read all that lastnight? Thank you for your comments btw :) You have a beautiful family Peggy, and I only hope that one day, I too will have my own family to blog about. I want to turn my "I will Survive" blog into "Look at me now with my German friend" blog :) It's great to be back on Blogger!!!

Angel said...

I am tired just reading your schedule! You didn't even mention all the cleaning, laundry, cooking and errands you run while chasing around twin 3 yr olds. I know you take them outside too. You wear me out! If I told you my schedule you would gasp! LOL

Not So Simply Single said...

How do you get it all done? Being a Mom is a mystery to me. Bravo for being a shining example...

Lisa