Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Weight Watchers and Me

Me - Christmas 2009


Me today - 34 lbs lighter.
2 pants sizes smaller
Like the rest of the world, I usually go on some kind of diet every year on January 1st. The year 2010 was no different. I did lose some weight, tried atkins then south beach - but kept falling off the wagon. Finally i decided to join Weight Watchers in May of 2010. From Christmas 2009 to May 2010, I managed to lose 8 of those lbs pictured on top by myself. But I needed WW to help lose more. I absolutely love going to meetings and having that "weigh in" once a week keeping me on my toes. Now, I had a very slow period through the holiday season, but I think (hope) I am back on track. There is a girl in my meeting that lost 103 lbs by her 1 year anniversary date with WW. I am definitely not losing as fast as that lady. I am a slow loser, but I am happy with that. Since May 2010 I have lost 25 lbs. My goal is to be at my "goal weight" on my 1 year anniversary. I have 20 more lbs to go. Thanks to my best friend Angel, I have been inspired to add some exercise to my routine and of course that is helping too! One of my sisters has recently joined and is doing an awesome job. She really inspires me too and we can keep each other on our toes at family gatherings. My hubby is of course supportive of my weight loss, but he is not a fan of the monthly cost. That is another reason I want to be my goal weight as soon as I can. Once at your goal (6 weeks after I think) you become a lifetime member and no longer pay:) As long as you stay close to that weight. Weight Watchers is not a diet, but a lifestyle. I love it and I don't feel deprived at all!!


3 comments:

Angel said...

Congrats on your weight loss. You look great!!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. I once lost 30 lbs and have kept the majority of that off for over 10 yrs now. I found it much easier to maintain...some people say it is harder to maintain but I didn't find that to be true. I didn't use weight watchers but I have tried it before and probably did use the principles of it to lose the weight on my own.

Glad to hear you are doing well. :-)

Not So Simply Single said...

Peggy girl, you look GREAT rocking that new body! Go girl! Isn't it worth it?

I am of the philosophy that NOTHING tastes as good as skinny feels!

Keep up the good work! I have surrendered my sugar and wheat and I feel soooooooo much better. At 51 I just didn't want to fel like crap anymore. So bye bye all those vices, and hello hotness!

Let's play scrabble!

The best is yet to come girl!


Lisa