Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2008

WAAAAH! A Big Ol Scary Guy in a Red Suit!

We took B & F to the mall to see Santa yesterday. I insisted on going now, before Thanksgiving, before the lines. Brandon was happy in line. At this particular mall, you walk through a huge snow globe to get to Santa, and it snows fake snow! I think I might still have some in my hair. Brandon and Faith loved the snow! They were so cute. Of course, I forgot my camera at home. So we get to Santa, I put Faith on his lap - she just looks at him. I put Brandon on his lap and he FREAKS! (Brandon, not Santa) Darnit! They take some pics and we step aside. There was one person behind us, so they said we could try again after that person. When Scott and I approached Santa again with our babies, it was OBVIOUS he didn't want to try again! (SANTA, not Brandon. Well, Brandon too.) I think I saw the grumpy old man roll his eyes! He said "we are going to try this again? Well, ok" (very sarcastically) Brandon screamed again and Scott took him away from the mean old man, er, I mean Santa. Then Santa said "yeah, once they go South there is usually no changing their mind". Ok, fine. So, since I did not plan on coming back and I still wanted the pic with Santa, I went up to pay for my screaming crying picture. While we were at the counter - a little girl really freaked out, I mean she was TERRIFIED! After the mom or dad rescued her, the mean old man posing as "Santa" came up to the counter and kinda told off the photographer and other helper for "talking" to the parents while he had a screaming kid on his lap! He said "take the picture and talk later". WELL THEN! How rude! If he is this grumpy NOW, he will never make it through the Holiday Season! DISCLAIMER: Any kids that are reading this - and I doubt there are any kids reading this, but this was NOT the real Santa, not even one of his nice helpers.

On to some happier notes ~ Brandon and Faith LOVE looking at all of the Christmas lights in the stores! Faith always says "ooooooh". I am not kidding. We borrowed a prelit tree from Nana to put in our living room to be seen from the outside. Since it is prelit and already assembled, we just put it in place as soon as we brought it in our home. So yes, we already have a tree up! Our main tree will be put up in the Family room, along with all the other decorations NEXT WEEKEND! I can not wait! Any hoo, I plugged in the prelit tree and Brandon and Faith went crazy over it! They were touching the branches and the lights and had huge smiles on their faces. They are in for a treat!

Did you know I am having my family over for Christmas this year?!?!? YAY! We are very excited. As a result, the decorations just have to be perfect! We are going to have 11 house guests for 3 days:) We are hanging a stocking from the chimney with care for each child!
I have a lot of "unfinished" and "unstarted" projects to do. I really have to get organized. Once Thanksgiving passes - time will FLY!

I hope everyone else is filled with Spirit like we are:)

5 comments:

Angel said...

I love babies at that stage of Christmas awe! I wish i could see them. Nasty Santa by the way. You should post WHERE the nasty santa is so nobody goes there! :-)

jennbecc said...

We got a crying Zack with Santa last weekend. *L* It was prep for our DL trip in 2 weeks. Yep....he freaked so we can expect that at DL. *L* Too bad your Santa was a crank. :( Ours was really nice and said, "Just drop and run" when he noticed Zack was resisting. The picture turned out funny and Santa was really nice. He calmed Zack down a little with a candy cane after it was over. I'll post the picture soon. :)

Purple Patti said...

Having Christmas at your house is going to be so WONDERFUL! I can not wait. I think I am looking forward to it more than anyone cus I haven't seen you all in a long time.
Mean old "Santa" they should not let old men be Santa if they are not going to be nice to kids and thier parents. You know he is just doing it for the money. Some people are just so rude.

Courtney said...

Sorry you had a bad experience with the mean ol' Santa! Wow, yeah, he is really in for it once it gets busy! We always do the Christmas tree thing the weekend after Thanksgiving too- we will be decorating ours Friday night. Hard to believe it is time for that already!

Angel said...

TAG....You're it.
http://angelwilde.blogspot.com/2008/11/fun-challenge.html