Search This Blog

Monday, November 17, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


I didn't do MPM last week because Scott and I started a diet together and I didn't want to gross people out by showing you a menu of meat every night! Well, Scott is still doing very well on his low carb diet, bust since I had started that in July, I was tired of it and wanted to try something new. I am a fan of Leslie Sansone. She does the "Walk Away the Pounds" exercise videos ~ which I have many of. Angel does very well following Leslie Sansone's routine. Leslie is also a Christian woman. A couple years ago, I purchased one of her books; Eat Smart, Walk Strong: The Secrets to Effortless Weight Loss I decided to start reading her book and try following along. This is not really a diet plan to follow, but more of a 6 week lesson plan in developing healthier eating habits. Each day there is a mission to follow and a "food focus". You can take that focus and make what you want with it. Since Scott is eating his own low carb thing, I will make something healthy for me and the kids every night and try to follow the food focus of the day. So, my menus might look weird for a while. As a matter of fact, I can't even think of what I am going to have all week, so I thought I might put down the "food focus" items. (BTW - I LOVE the idea of having the freedom to pick out what I want to eat rather than following a diet! I hope I can be good:))


Monday: PASTA - I am going to make steamed broccoli and bowtie pasta

Tuesday: HEALTHY MAIN DISHES hmmmm, chicken?

Wednesday: SURPRISING SALADS I will make tuna salad on a bed of lettuce

Thursday: FRIENDLY VEGGIES Zucchini Surprise Fries (recipe is in the book!)

Friday: LIVELY RICE Cajun Red Beans and Rice (recipe in book)

Saturday: FRUIT CONCOCTIONS ~ I am having company for dinner, maybe I will have fruit for lunch! I think we will have baked ziti and meatballs for dinner. OR maybe Tater tot casserole again! (DARN YOU BBBFF!)

Sunday: EAT WHAT YOU WANT DAY!

1 comment:

jennbecc said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I had TTC for dinner last night and ate the left overs for breakfast this morning! YUMMMMM!!!!