Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Nephew (one of many)

We are having a great time with my nephew, Sam. He was a bit home sick at first, but I think he is feeling better after we talked more and he felt more comfortable. Over the weekend, I took him to my Church. He was willing to go and he actually liked it. Later on Sunday, we took him school clothes shopping and out to dinner.

We decided to take him to Hooters for dinner. We thought it would be a good choice for a 15 year old boy. LOL Plus, they are a family restaurant (we took all the kids) and they have good food. I took a picture of Sam with our waitress in his cell phone to have as a souvenir.
We had chinese 1 night and last night we had pizza. (I didn't) I cooked dinner some other nights, and some nights were "fend for yourselves". I bought the kids lots of stuff just for "fend for yourself" nights. (don't worry Patti, I am not starving your boy) Sam loves gatorade so I have been keeping him supplied. So, as long as he has gatorade and some good excitement every now and again, I think he is going to make it to the end of the week:) Next weekend the fair is in town. I told the boys we could go walk around. (REALLY hoping we do a lot of walking and NOT a lot of spending)
Today I am going to take Sam back to the store because I have a $10 off coupon which means he can get another pair of jeans for only $10. On the way back I think we may rent some movies. Tonight when Scott come homes we are grilling out.
Sam is a good boy, Patti! I enjoy his company! :)

2 comments:

Purple Patti said...

Thanks Peggy so much for taking him and having fun with him. He needs to do things like this sometimes. I am so glad he got over his homesickness, it was breaking my heart. He is a great kid and I love him. Thanks for taking him clothes shopping it meant a lot to him. Hope to see him soon, I miss him now. Love you all and see you all soon.

Courtney said...

Sounds like you all have been having fun! Hooters- great choice! I'm sure he enjoyed that! lol