Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What People Don't Tell You....

"How was your day?" "Fine, how was yours?" Those are typical questions with typical answers. No one ever tells the real truth about how they are doing or how their day went. (thank goodness for that or every simple greeting would turn into an hour long conversation!)
Let me tell you how a day really is. (for me any way) I start my morning routine. Get my little cutie pies out of their room. Change them and give them bottles. Time for play. Also time for Brandon and Faith to tear up the house. Get into everything. Fall and hurt themselves. Have temper tantrums.
Ut oh, something stinks. They both stink. Great. (ALWAYS on MY watch!) I change Brandon.. pretty yucky. Faith was next. Hers is more manageable. You know, the nice hard balls. Nothing really stuck to her butt. Here come Brandon to check things out. I try and hold him back. Meanwhile, Faith reaches down and yanks her dirty diaper up while the medium sized brown balls roll all over the blanket. (we are on a blanket on the floor) Brandon sees the brown balls and immediately goes after them. I scream. This scares them both and they start to cry. SIGH
Fast forward to after nap time. I load up the kids in the truck and head off to some one's house to check out some furniture they are selling. I make a wrong turn. I go way out of my way. I get lost. I was talking on my cell phone and it died. I am now lost without a phone. I hear a gurgling noise in the back. I am sitting at a light so I am free to turn around to look. Just then, Brandon vomits. A LOT. I feel so bad for him! But wait, here comes more. And more. The smell is overwhelming. Brandon is screaming. I am lost. I find the place. Leave Zach and the twins in the car and run in. I like the furniture and say I will take it. Then I run back out to the truck to quickly drive home. Just in time for rush hour traffic. The smell is overwhelming. We finally get home. Zach is complaining that I took an hour of his day away from him. The babies are crying. I strip Brandon and give him a quick bath. He seems totally healthy and happy. I put pjs on him and ask Zach to watch them so I can clean out the truck. Puke some how got underneath the car seat! EWWW! It was EVERY WHERE. I take the seat out, take the cover off and spray everything with the hose. It was the only way!!! I come back in, the kids are all hungry. Feed everyone, do the bedtime routine and here I am.
I share all this not as a complaint, but because it is funny! It is really funny. It's time for my nap before I start my night shift:) Night night!

7 comments:

LOCnHEART said...

Peg, U made me laugh out loud a couple of times. I know it really wasn't funny at the time, but reading about it is hilarious! I love you and pray that your blessings are nearby! We love U honey!

Anonymous said...

Girl that brought back memories. I have been there. I did have a cell phone and wasnt lost but who was I going to call and tell to come help me I had all 3 of my kids puking. It was a change reaction and it stuunk and sucked all at the same time and I wanted to cry cause I had to clean it!!! My hubby cleans it when he is around.
Love ya, Christy

Angel said...

That was a funny story!! You crack me up! Can't wait to come and visit the chaos!

Katie said...

Don't think I'm not empathizing with you when I say that I laughed out loud at this post. That's because I officially award you mommy of the day for making it through this day!!! ;)

Joanna said...

Wow, what a day. I agree with Katie, total mommy of the year award to you! I don't do well with vomit so I can't imagine being stuck in the car smelling it.

jennbecc said...

Just reading the post exhausted me! Glad you made it through! Way to go BBBFF!!

Courtney said...

Oh I hate days like this. Sorry you had to go through that, glad it's over.