Search This Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's Take Your Son/Daughter to Work Day!

Today is take your son/daughter to work day. We were not going to participate because our shifts are outside of school hours. (Plus I work from home) Just didn't make sense! My little smarty pants, Zach, approached me this morning saying he would like to stay home to watch me work the last 2 hours of my shift and then spend the rest of the day helping me to prepare for the yard sale. SOLD! He got me with that one. I called to school just to verify that it is an excused absence. I am also going to have him write a report about what we (his Dad and I) do at work.

Although I did not allow Zach to take a call, I did let him open 1 case by processing an email request for an Outlook issue. I have to say, he was better at following directions than.. hmmmm ...70 % of the people I assist over the phone.



I was going to have Zach go into the office in D.C. with his dad later, but that would mean I would have to take the twins and go pick him up this evening. I would rather have his help here. In my opinion, I am still "on the job"!


1 comment:

Angel said...

Katie wants to stay home tomorrow morning and help me with our yard sale. It's so hard to say no, but hmmm.... do I say yes? I'm thinking about it.